Child Care & School Bus Driver First Aid Training Information
- Child Care Alerts
- How to Choose an EMS Authority Approved Training Program and/or Instructor
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Implementing AB 290- Effective January 2016, one hour of childhood nutrition training will be added to the required Preventive Health and Safety training course
Approved Training Programs:
Find an approved training provider to complete your required 15 hours of childcare provider training:
- Approved First Aid & CPR Training Programs [WORD]
- Approved Preventive Health & Safety Training Programs [WORD]
Find an approved training provider to complete your required School Bus Driver First Aid training:
Child Care Provider training consists of 15 hours of training for first-time licensees. The hours of training must be completed as follows:
- 4 hours of pediatric first aid
- 4 hours of pediatric CPR (including infant, child, and adult CPR and infant, child, and adult AED training)
- 7 hours of Preventive Health and Safety Training; this training is a one-time-only course
Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Every two (2) years, child care providers must renew their training by completing 4 hours of pediatric first aid and 4 hours of pediatric CPR including adult CPR and infant, child, and adult AED training.
If an instructor provides a course in fewer hours than required, the training is not in compliance with the law. Report this situation to the EMS Authority at (916) 322-4336, extension 434.
- Child Care Training Course Completion Stickers Order Form [WORD]
- Credit Card Payment Authorization Form [WORD]
Stickers can now be ordered by mail, email and fax, and paid for by credit card. We are unable to accept orders over the phone.
- Mail orders to: EMS Authority, Attn: TPA 10901 Gold Center Dr. Ste 400, Rancho Cordova, Ca 95670
- Email orders to: email@example.com
- Fax orders to: (916)324-2875
Stickers may be picked up in-person with 24 hours advance notice so that staff may prepare the order.
Email completed rosters to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (916) 324-2875
- Child Care 7 Hour Preventive Health and Safety Application (Child Care Preventive Health Training Program -- cost to apply is $240 every two years.)
- Pediatric First Aid and CPR Training Program Application (Child Care Pediatric First Aid and CPR Training Program -- cost to apply is $240 every two years.)
- School Bus Driver First Aid Application (School Bus Driver First Aid and CPR Training Program -- cost to apply is $500 every four years.)
Please return completed application(s) to the: State of California, EMS Authority, Attention: Child Care Unit, 10901 Gold Center Drive, Suite 400, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670-6073
- Please allow 60 days for review of your application
Regulations and Statutes for Child Care
- New Child Car Safety Seat Law In Effect in California - Poster
- Regulations for Child Care Provider First Aid, CPR, and Preventive Health Training Programs [PDF] [Word]
- Child Care First Aid Statutes [Word]
Regulations and Statutes for School Bus Drivers
- Nebulizer and Inhaled Medication Training Curriculum [PDF] [Word]
- Capacitación sobre los Medicamentos Inhalados (Spanish language version of the Inhaled Medications Curriculum) [PDF] [Word]
- For more information on Asthma Training contact Lucy Chaidez at (916) 322-4336 extension 434 or email her at email@example.com
• Asthma Care Training for Child Care Providers
• La Capacitacion Sobre el Cuidado de la Asma para los Proveedores de Cuidado Infantil