Welcome Training Program Director(s) and Instructor(s)
Stickers may be picked up in-person, before 4pm, upon request and once you receive confirmation of order fulfillment.
- Child Care Training Roster
Training Program Applications
- Child Care 7 Hour Preventive Health and 1 Hour Nutrition Applications (Child Care Preventive Health Training Program — review fee is $240) (*Please note that the Preventive Health course is now 8 hours. As of January 1, 2016, one hour of nutrition must be included in the Preventive Health and Safety Practices Program. Application content will be further updated once training regulations have been revised.)
- Pediatric First Aid and CPR Training Program Application (Child Care Pediatric First Aid and CPR Training Program — review fee is $240)
Please allow 60 days for review of your application. Keep a copy of everything sent in.
Statutes and Regulations
- Regulations for Child Care Provider First Aid, CPR, and Preventive Health Training Programs [PDF]
- Child Care First Aid Statutes [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
- I’d like to submit an application for review training program to teach First Aid, CPR and/or Preventive Health and Safety practices to child care providers. How do I do this?
You will need to submit a complete application for training program review, an application fee of $240 and the course materials from your training program. If you cannot download an application or the document that you need, you may call the EMS Authority at (916) 322-4336, extension 445, and leave your name, address, telephone number, and which application or document you want. We will send you the application or document and a copy of the regulations for the specific program to which you are applying.
It is important that you read the entire regulations document before you apply. These regulations are the standards for the training programs, and provide the rules for participating in the program. Compliance with these regulations is mandatory for all approved programs.
- Are there any fees associated with the childcare training program?
Yes. The review and approval fees are $240 for a First Aid/CPR training program and $240 for a Preventive Health and Safety practices training program. Once a program is approved, renewal fees are $240 every two years. There are also fees to purchase stickers that are required to be affixed to student completion cards or certificates. The cost is $3.00 per sticker for First Aid, CPR, and Preventive Health and Safety stickers.
- Who can order child care course completion stickers?
Any current EMS Authority approved child care First Aid, CPR and/or Preventive Health and Safety practices training program or their affiliates can order child care course completion stickers. A current EMS Authority approved training program is a training program whose expiration date has not passed. The EMS Authority will not sell child care course completion stickers to training programs whose training program approval has expired.
Some EMSA-approved programs allow affiliates to teach its approved curriculum and takes responsibility for those affiliates. Affiliates are instructors or business affiliates who use the EMS Authority approved curriculum of their parent training program to train childcare providers in pediatric First Aid, CPR, or Preventive Health and Safety practices training. Approved training programs are considered parent programs if they have affiliate instructors or training business affiliates. Parent training programs must submit lists of their affiliates to the EMS Authority and these lists determine which affiliates are eligible to purchase stickers.
- What do child care course completion stickers cost? Is there a minimum order?
Child care course completion stickers are $3.00 each. It is payable by credit or check/money order made out to the TPA fund. Cash is not accepted. There is no minimum number of stickers you must order.
- What is the time frame for processing course completion stickers?
There is no guaranteed time frame to process course completion stickers, only an estimate. Once the sticker order is received, it is normally processed within 1-3 business days unless an issue arises. Once the stickers are mailed out, the current esimate is two weeks (10 business days) for you to receive the stickers ordered. The EMS Authority recommends that training programs plan ahead for their course completion sticker needs because of the turn-around time for sticker orders.