The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Act charged the EMS Authority in 1980 with providing oversight of the planning, implementation, and evaluation of local EMS agency (LEMSA) systems. This includes the review of local transportation plans for ground and air providers, and oversight of 308 ambulance zones/areas. Exclusivity of an ambulance zone/area is achieved through a request for proposal or grandfathering via Health and Safety Code, Section 1797.224.
- Ambulance Zone Summary Form (doc) — To be included with your EMS plan for all ambulance zones, both exclusive and nonexclusive. The form is in MS Word and can be filled in online and printed out.
- Ambulance Zones, Ground – Exclusive Operating Areas Status PDF
Aero Medical Summit March 19, 2007
- AMBULANCE COURT DECISIONS
- California Supreme Court decisions made in the last 60 days.
- Atlas & Database of Air Medical Services
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems