Registration and Application Information for Persons Interested
in the California Health Corps
Persons interested in participating in the California Health Corps (CAHC) Program should follow the steps below:
Step 1: Meet Eligibility Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license and Social Security card to provide to EMSA HR at the time of hire
- Valid California license for clinical practice
- No negative license/certification actions (for licensed/certified professionals)
- Be one of the following classifications:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, CNA)
- Emergency medical technicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Physicians (MD, DO, psychiatrist)
- Physician Assistants
- Respiratory therapists
- Behavioral health professionals
Step 2: Register for Disaster Healthcare Volunteers (DHV) Program
- Registration in DHV is required. Register Here
Step 3: Complete and Submit Necessary State Hiring Application and Related Documentation
Complete, print and sign in BLUE INK the following documents:
a. State Standard Employment Application (Form 678): Apply Here
- One application is used for all positions you may be interested in. Make sure that you adequately document work experience and education to justify all positions applied for.
- DO NOT include complete Social Security Number on the application.
- You may include DMAT and CAL-MAT affiliation in employment history if applicable. Include hard copy of all licenses/certifications.
b. YOU MUST provide a valid driver’s license and social security card at time of hire.
*If you are applying to support the COVID-19 response, do not mail your application. You may email completed and signed application documents along with verification of education, licenses, etc. to CAHealthCorps@emsa.ca.gov.*
Step 4: Onboard
You will need to complete some standard employment documentation. Then, you train on how to sign up for shifts, how to request lodging and reimbursement, what to expect, and more.
Step 5: Deploy
- Once approved to work, your personal online portal will let you:
- Sign up for shifts
- View upcoming shifts
- Submit hours worked
- View helpful resources
- We can match you with facilities nearest to you, or we can arrange to add you to facilities statewide.
- California Health Corps Deployment Team will help you:
- Sign up for shifts
- Arrange for lodging
- Reimburse your travel expenses
- Answer your questions
- Track your hours