Registration and Application Information for Persons Interested
in the California Medical Assistance Team
Persons interested in participating in the California Medical Assistance Team (CAL-MAT) Program should follow the steps below:
1. Meet Eligibility Requirements:
· 18 Years of age and over
· Eligible to work in the United States
· Must have a valid drivers license and social security card to provide to EMSA HR at time of hire
· Valid California License for clinical practice
· No negative license/certification actions (for licensed/certified professionals)
2. Register in the Disaster Healthcare Volunteer (DHV) Program
Registration in DHV is required. Specific instructions for CAL-MAT are found here:
3. Complete and Submit Necessary State Hiring Application and Related Documentation
Complete, print and sign in BLUE INK the following documents:
a. State Standard Employment Application (Form 678): https://emsa.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2020/03/std678.pdfhttps://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/std678.pdf
One application is used for all positions you may be interested in. Make sure that you adequately document work experience and education to justify all positions applied for.
DO NOT include complete Social Security Number on the application.
You may include DMAT affiliation in employment history if applicable. Include hard copy of all licenses/certifications.
b. YOU MUST provide a valid driver’s license and social security card at time of hire.
*If you are applying to support the COVID-19 response, do not mail your application. Please send an email to CAL.MAT@emsa.ca.gov with your application. Applications may also be accepted in person.*
You may email completed and signed documents; along with verification of education, licenses, etc. to CAL.MAT@emsa.ca.gov or mail in an envelope to:
California Emergency Medical Services Authority
Attention: Theresa Gonzales
10901 Gold Center Dr., Suite 400
Rancho Cordova, Ca. 95670