CAL-MAT Registration Process for Persons Not Currently or Formerly
Affiliated With a Federal Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT) in
California (Phase II)
Persons interested in participating in the California Medical Assistance Team (CAL-MAT) Program must follow the following steps to apply for consideration of acceptance:
1. Meet Eligibility Requirements:
• 18 Years of age and over
• Eligible to work in the United States
• No felony background
• Valid California License for clinical practice.
• No negative license/certification actions (for licensed/certified professionals)
2. Be Recommended By A Current CAL-MAT Unit Leader
3. Register in the Disaster Healthcare Volunteer (DHV) Program
Registration in DHV is required. Specific instructions for CAL-MAT Phase II are found here:
4. Complete and Submit Necessary State Hiring Application and Related Forms
Complete, print and sign in BLUE INK the following documents:
a. State Standard Employment Application (Form 678): https://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/std678.pdf
- One form is used for all positions you may be interested in filling on a CAL-MAT. Make sure that you adequately document work experience and education to justify all positions applied for.
- DO NOT include complete Social Security Number on the application.
- Include hardcopy of all licenses/certifications
b. Eligibility to Work I – 9 Form:
Complete Section 1 only. EMSA will complete Section 2.
Submit adequate documentation for eligibility verification (see page 3).
c. Oath of Allegiance:
State Department: EMSA Division: DMS
d. Military Service Declaration
You must submit this form even if you do not have military service. (Check No on question 1).
e. State Employee Race/Ethnicity Questionnaire:
f. Employer Authorization:
Mail completed and signed documents, along with verification of education, licenses, work eligibility, etc., in an envelope marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
California Emergency Medical Services Authority
10901 Gold Center Dr. 4th Floor
Rancho Cordova, Ca. 95670
Attention: Human Resources