The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Act charged the EMS Authority in 1980 with providing oversight of the planning, implementation, and evaluation of local EMS agency (LEMSA) systems. This includes the review of local transportation plans for ground and air providers, and oversight of 338 ambulance zones/areas. Exclusivity of an ambulance zone/area is achieved through a request for proposal or grandfathering via Health and Safety Code, Section 1797.224.
- Pre-Hospital EMS Air Regulations [PDF]
- AMBULANCE COURT DECISIONS
- Click here to read California Supreme Court decisions made in the last 60 days.
- Atlas & Database of Air Medical Services
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems
For Questions Contact
Laura Little, EMT