California EMS Information System (CEMSIS)
California EMS Information System
How is CEMSIS Used?
When fully operational, it is estimated that CEMSIS will catalogue over 3 million EMS events per year. The data will be used to provide a robust, secure data warehouse for use by local EMS agencies, public health professionals, academic researchers, and the general public.
Examples of CEMSIS-supported activities will include:
- Healthcare quality programs which monitor patient care outcomes
- Evidence-based system management by local EMS agencies
- Agency collaboration across jurisdictional boundaries
- Local, regional, and state-level public health surveillance
- Increased public awareness of emergency medical services in California
CEMSIS - EMS
Data Submission Standards
- EMSA #161: CEMSIS Data System Standards with code values [PDF]
- CEMSIS XSD Version 2.2.1 (Corresponds to NEMSIS version)
CEMSIS - Trauma
CEMSIS Trauma Data Dictionary [PDF]
Trauma Data – Minimum Inclusion Criteria [PDF]
2013: The EMS Authority held 5, one-day rollout meetings around the State to provide information on the CEMSIS Transformation.
- September 5: Marines Memorial Club, 609 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
- September 9: EMS Authority, 10901 Gold Center Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- September 11: AMR San Diego, 8808 Balboa Ave., San Diego, CA 92123
- September 26: LA County EMS Agency, 10100 Pioneer Blvd., Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- September 30: Kern County Emergency Operations Classroom, 2301 Panorama Dr., Bakersfield, CA 93306
- October 9: Northern California Safety Consortium (NSC), 1932 Central Ave., McKinleyville, CA 95519